The CEO Council has put great effort behind building a culture that enhances the business climate so regional businesses can thrive, projects can succeed and people can prosper. This takes a strong commitment, quality leadership and successful collaboration. We have accomplished many great things as the CEO Council thanks to regional commitment, leadership and collaboration. Here are some of those accomplishments:
- Downtown/Warehouse Committee completed the creation and launch of the Downtown Development Corporation of Peoria (DDC).
- Education & Workforce Committee helped create Peoria Pathways to Prosperity Joint Resolution, which seeks to ensure that many more local youth complete high school and that more high school graduates are college and/or career ready.
- The 2014 Scorecard Committee collected and compiled data to help identify new areas of focus for 2015 with the help of an Ad Hoc Project Selection Committee who helped flush out initial concepts to present to the group.
- 2012 Scorecard. The first of its kind for the Greater Peoria benchmarking the region against eleven other communities throughout the Midwest in five major categories. The scorecard is a tool the CEO Council will use to help identify areas of focus for projects.
- Partnered with Peoria Area Chamber of Commerce and community leaders in launching the first ever Peoria Charter School by working with District 150 to apply for the charter and working with the community to gather supporters.
- Key partners in the successful Build the Block Referendum Campaign to build the Peoria Riverfront Museum and CAT Visitors Center.
- Acted as the Project Manager of the UICOMP’s 24,000 sq. ft. $10 million dollar state of the art Cancer Center that was completed in December of 2011.